Monday 8 March 2010

Clare and HBGO - Hursley Blue Graduate Opportunities

Greetings.

Well, as ever it's been all go here. I spent much of last week finishing a paper for a conference, which has now been submitted; it's in the hands of the reviewers now! This was an analysis of some of my initial results from a study I ran back in December.

This week brings more new things! Tomorrow I'm meeting with my HBGO group for the first time. What is HBGO, you ask? It stands for Hursley Blue Graduate Opportunities, and it's a neat new scheme. The idea is that new grads from across all the different areas at Hursley are put into smallish groups, and given a project to work on over their Friday afternoons for 9 months. The idea is a) you meet people from all over the business, b) you get a bit of autonomy and a chance to learn skills about running a project and c) you have fun!

So, I'm running one of five HBGO projects. Inevitably, my project is to do with my research, and it's about the grads building what I think should be a very cool social system using pervasive technologies around Hursley. I don't know exactly what it'll look like, as it's up to them to do the design!

Good times...

No comments:

Post a Comment